Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Friday, October 10, 2008

WOD 10.9.08 Ryan

Tonight's WOD was Ryan, a hero workout named after a firefighter killed in the line of duty.

"Ryan"
Five rounds for time of:
7 Muscle-ups
21 Burpees

Each burpee terminates with a jump one foot above max standing reach.

This workout is in honor of Maplewood, Missouri Firefighter, Ryan Hummert, 22, who was killed by sniper fire July 21st 2008 when he stepped off his fire truck responding to a call. He is survived by his parents Andrew and Jackie Hummert.

Did it as prescribed in 21:06, not aweful considering I couldn't string together Muscle-Ups.

Did a couple 500m Rows for technique, felt like I'm getting a little smoother with my recovery.

No comments: