Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

WOD 10.8.08

Deadlift, seven heavy singles
395, 425, 445, 495, 500F, 500F

Failing twice at 500, which has been a safe opening weight for me in the past, is frustrating. Not sure whether it's due to being exhausted from my schedule, lack of grip in my injured thumb, or the aftereffects of a lack of strength work this summer, or most likely a combination.
As for fixing it, my schedule has improved a little and will be better after next week and my thumb will get better. As for strength work, I'm figuring that out, but I'm leaning to starting the Smolov cycle again after the Lvl 1 next weekend.

Accessory work
3 Rounds
30 Sit-ups
30 Russian Twists (12k kettlebell)
15 Renegade Rows (40# dbls)

Untimed, focus on doing the movements correctly with some intensity.

No comments: