Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Monday, September 8, 2008

WOD 9.8.08

For this WOD there are 3 stations at each station you performs max reps for thirty seconds followed by one minute of rest and repeat 5 times for a total of 6 work rounds. After a minute rest you move to the next station and do another 6 work rounds, before rotating to the third station to do a final 6 work rounds. Score is total reps completed.

The three stations are Front Squat, Shoulder Press, and Weighted Pull-ups. The RX'd weight is derived from a percentage of your 1RM for each movement as follows:

65% Front Squat
65% Press
30% Weighted Pull-Up

For me the workout broke down like this:

Pull-ups @30lbs: 58 reps
Front Squat @175lbs: 37 reps
Press @125lbs: 33 reps

128 total reps, last time was 112 back in May. Most of that PR was picked up by a big increase in pull-ups, was a little more comfortable with my kip and did them first as opposed to last this time.

Afterwords played with Box Jumps, hit 49" flat footed and 53" with a running start. PR's for both. Still figuring out the right speed to approach the box and how to get my steps right, so I think I still have some room for improvement.

No comments: