Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

WOD 9.13.08

Todays workout

3 Rounds for Time of:
5 Deadlifts @ 390lbs (75% of 1 RM)
10 Ring Dips (strict, no kip)
15 Box Jump Dumbbell Cleans w/ 30lb dumbbells
Time - 12:24

Box jump dumbbell cleans are simply jumping on a box with dumbbells in each hand, landing in a squat position (with dumbbells held on the shoulders) and then standing up on the box, basically a dumbbell squat clean with an exaggerated jump. The deadlifts killed me, I was seeing stars after each rep during the second and third round, dips were easy, the jumps were a pain in the ass. Had a hard time griping the dumbbells in the later rounds, the deadlifts pretty much fried my hands.

No comments: