Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Climbing at the Gunks

So in the spirit of Crossfit's mandate to play new sports and try new activies a bunch of us drove up to New Paltz for some rock climbing at the Gunks. We did some light hiking and bouldering. The weather was perfect, low 80's and cooler than that in the shade, which we were in for most of the day. We tried doing the various climbing problems as they were described in the guidebook we had but since none of us were very experienced climbers we pretty much just got to the top any way we could. On one particular face, after climbing to the top of the ridge I went exploring for half hour or so, got a little lost on purpose, and eventually found my way back. I forgot how much I used to enjoy that back when I used to go camping. All in all a great trip and it had kinda inspired to give climbing another shot.

No comments: