Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WOD 9.22.08

Snatches, heavy singles. You know how sometimes things just click? That happened for me today, my third pull just suddenly started happening. It made the snatches so much easier not having to pull the bar all the way to the power position. I started off at 75, an easy weight and did a few reps until it felt right and I was able to keep that feeling while adding more weight. I think it was the first time I have really ever enjoyed a snatch workout.
Singles:
75, 95, 125, 130miss, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 165, 170, 177miss, 177

Even the misses were more a problem of receiving improperly than not getting a good pull, so I felt confident I could hit them with another try. Today I went from my PR being 135lb power snatch (an ugly one at that) to being a bodyweight squat snatch. Very cool.

No comments: