Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nutrition Certification


Saturday was the Nutrition Certification at CFSBK. Robb Wolf, from Crossfit Norcal, took us through the Paleo diet, the Zone and all its myriad tweaks, and Intermittent Fasting. The Zone part interested me the most as I had been trying to tweak mine and really wanted to get his input. After discussing it with Rob I am moving to a 3x fat diet with 50% of my carbs being eaten within 30hr of my workout. I have been doinf 2x fat for the last week and have felt like I have started to recover a little better. On the Paleo front, giving up dairy isn't something I'm gonna tackle right now, but I have increased the quality of my produce and it is time I did the same with my meats. IF sounds cool, but having played with it before it isn't something I'd be much interested in doing more than once or twice a week. I am a creature of habit and while I am pretty good about sticking to my diet programs, IF forces me to think too much about when I'm supposed to be eating. I don't like to think about food, just measure it, cook it and shovel it in. Robb and Nicki are awesome, they are part of the old school crossfit crew (Norcal is the 4th affiliate) and even beyond talking about training and nutrition, they are just really awesome down to earth people.

No comments: