Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Monday, November 3, 2008

WOD 11.03.08

This one was right up my alley.

21-15-9 reps of:
Deadlift, 225lbs
Pull-ups

Time 3:24

Only limiting factor was grip. Went through the first 21 deadlifts, 21 pull-ups and 6 deadlifts before I had to take a break. I felt like if I had a better grip capacity I could have done it all unbroken, really wasn't that out of breath at the end.

Accessory work was 3 untimed rounds of:
30 Reverse walking lunges 25lb dumbbells
1:30 Lateral plank each side
Carry the dumbbells suitcase style for round 1, front squat rack for round 2 and overhead for round 3.

In some ways this was harder than the workout. Especially the side planks were there is no way tho geth through it faster by pushing harder, you just have to bear it until the clock runs out.

No comments: