Welcome

a space where I will rant about: baseball, fitness training, MMA, comic books, video games, philosophy, politics, society, and general assclownery.
NOTE: I annotate all my lifting as weight x reps x sets, so 200x3x5 would be 200lbs done for three repetitions for five sets.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Personal Fitness Test

Saturday afternoon was the the fitness test for the Santa Monica PD, written test was earlier in the day. I thought it was fairly easy. I was expecting the pullups to be strict dead-hang pullups. Instead we only had to break 90° and we were allowed to kip. An easy 20. Situps weren't bad 125 is a decent amount but four minutes is plenty of time to do it. Same with Pushups 100 in four minutes isn't that hard. I was happy about the run, 10:31 for 1 and a 1/2 miles and while running a guy down with 200m to go I found a few gears that I haven't felt in years. Almost made me miss competitive running. I scored 512 points (out of a maximum 565) which was the high score on the day. So hopefully I did as well on the written, I'll have the interview in a few weeks and if all breaks well, a new job sometime soon.

No comments: